Gardening/Backyard Farmers

General chit-chat among all.
chris
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gardening/Backyard Farmers

Post by chris » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:11 pm

I may try potatoes this year as soon as we thaw. We constantly buy potatoes, so if I can save a little growing my own, that just makes sense..

I'd also like to try growing garlic.

UH1FE
L5
L5

Post by UH1FE » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:16 pm

You and me both on Potatoes! Even though I am from Idaho and plan to retire there I want to grow as much of my own as I can. One thing I have learned from watching the Curtis Stone youtube channel Urban farmer is to separate your garden from the business farm. Some stuff is not economical in a business sense but is absolutely an awesome garden crop.

Timothyvable
L0
L0

Post by Timothyvable » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:52 pm

The Backyard Aquaponics Shop and Display Centre will be closed from 23rd - 26th October for the Gardening Australia Expo on at the Claremont Showgrounds 9.30-4.30 daily.
Attachment:

ronalddiell
L0
L0

Post by ronalddiell » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:25 am

I like this thread a lot. We were just talking about how we want to turn part of our lawn into a garden. Good advice on the tomatoes nota.

What kind of tips would you suggest for someone just getting into gardening? Wed like to do tomatoes and squash and herbs this spring.

UH1FE
L5
L5

Post by UH1FE » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:24 pm

Go on youtube and look up the Urban Farmer by Curtis Stone. I am using his techniques and crushing the tomatoes. If you go to his tomatoes videos he explains everything he does for his tomatoes. He also has squash videos.